Baby Snapper with Escabeche Sauce
COOKING TIME: 22 minutes
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 600gm Baby Snapper
- Fillets from The Costi’s Fresh & Cooked
- 1/3 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1 Green Capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 Red Capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 Spanish Onion, sliced thinly
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 splashes of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- In a small pot add the rice and water. Bring to the boil, turn to low heat and put the pot lid on. After 18 minutes turn heat off.
- In a separate pot, add a splash of olive oil, sauté red and green capsicums, onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Mix corn flour and water until there are no lumps, add to sauce. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Dust fish with flour and grill in a large flat pan with a splash of olive oil, for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Place fish on a mound of rice and top
generously with sauce.