BBQ Steak with Hokkien Noodles
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 600g Rump Steak (Grass Fed) from Chop Butchery
- 2 tbsp Rice Bran Oil
- 5 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Red Pepper, finely sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- ½ to a whole Bird’s Eye Chilli, chopped
- 1 bunch Bok Choy, finely chopped
- 5 Shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 800g Hokkien Noodles
- Heat a heavy based pan, drizzle with a splash of rice bran oil and add the steak whole. Sear for 3 minutes on each side then place in a bowl and let rest for 2 minutes (this will be a good time to cut up the vegetables).
- Slice the steak then return to the bowl. Add the oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce & sesame oil, mix thoroughly.
- Turn the kettle on or boil some water for the hokkien noodles.
- Heat a heavy based pan or wok, add a drizzle of rice bran oil, the carrot, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for two minutes.
- Heat the noodles in the boiling water, drain and add to the vegetables. Add the bok choy, shallots, lemon juice and the steak with marinade.
- Stir through and serve with joy, splendour & dash of delight.