Chicken Sausage Frittata with Fennel & Tarrogen
COOKING TIME: 36 minutes
- 8 Chicken Sausages from Red Lea Chicken
- Rice Bran Oil
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 Bulb Fennel, finely sliced
- 2 tsp Dried Tarragon
- ¼ tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 10 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grill, pan fry or BBQ the sausages, then set aside.
- Pre-heat heavy based pan and with a splash of oil sauté the potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes. When potatoes are turning a golden brown, add the onion, garlic, fennel, tarragon and chili flakes.
- Chop the sausages into 1cm lengths.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the salt and pepper. When potato mixture is cooked add the olive oil, sausages and eggs. Place lid on the pan and turn the heat down to low.
- Frittata is cooked when the mixture is solid. This takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- This is delicious hot or cold and perfect for taking to school or work.