Chicken Sausage Pasta with Fennel & Olives
COOKING TIME: 18 minutes
- 600g Chicken Sausages – from Red Lea Chicken
- 1 packet of Pasta, Penne or Spirals
- Rice Bran Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic, diced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Bull Horn Pepper, diced
- 1 bulb Fennel, finely sliced
- 150g stuffed Green Olives, chopped
- 200ml Pomegranate juice
- 1 500ml Jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp dark Drown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, grated
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water, 14 minutes approx.
- Meanwhile in a medium pot on a medium to high heat, add a splash of oil and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Then add the paprika, pepper and fennel and continue cooking for a further 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the olives, pomegranate juice, pasta sauce, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Over the top of the simmering sauce hold each sausage one by one and slide the chicken mince out in 1cm intervals which will create tasty little chicken dumplings.
- Simmer for six minutes then add the pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and top with parsley and parmesan.