Chicken Schnitzel with Crunchy Salad
COOKING TIME: 16 minutes
- 4 Chicken Schnitzels from Red Lea Chicken
- 6 tbsp oil, eg. Rice Bran
- 100gm Flaked Almonds
- 1 pkt Bean Sprouts
- 1 punnet Snow Pea Sprouts
- 1 punnet Mung Beans
- 1 punnet Alfalfa
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 60 ml Extra Virgin
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heat a dry pan to a medium heat, then add the almonds. Gently stir with a wooden spoon until golden brown. You will need to keep a close eye as they can burn quickly.
- Remove almonds from the heat into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium high temperature with the oil. Cook the chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the toasted almonds, bean sprouts, mung beans, snow pea sprouts and alf alfa.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Combine the salad with the dressing and serve with the crispy schnitzels.