Fish Fillet with Basil, Saffron & Pernod Beurre Blanc
- 4 Fish Fillets
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 gr Saffron Threads
- 1 Fresh Basil, chopped
- 30 ml Pernod
- 300 ml Thickened Cream
- 100 gr Butter
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- Brush both sides of the fish fillets from The Costi's Fresh & Cooked with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Put aside in a warm place.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a sauce pan, cook onions and garlic until tender. Add the bay leaf, vegetable stock and thickened cream. Cook and reduce by half.
- Strain the sauce, add the saffron threads and simmer for 5 minutes. Once thickened, pour the Pernod in and add the rest of the butter, stirring continuously to create an emulsion.
- Add fresh chopped basil and drizzle on the fish.
- Serve with fresh greens or rice.
*All vegetables, fruit, herbs & spices from Freshworld