Grilled Chicken Breast with Garlic Asparagus & Lemon Mayonnaise
COOKING TIME: 16 minutes
- 3 Chicken Breasts from Red Lea Chicken
- 1 tsp Dried Tarragon
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 3 bunches of Asparagus
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 100ml Egg
- Lemon Zest
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Sprinkle both sides with tarragon, salt & pepper and a drizzle of olive oil then set aside.
- Bend the asparagus spears until they snap and discard the woody end.
- Put the mayonnaise in a small bowl and zest the lemon over the bowl, add the paprika and stir through. (The lemon can then be juiced for the chicken).
- Heat a heavy based pan lined with baking paper. Place the chicken into the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the butter and lemon juice for a minute until the butter begins to brown, then remove from heat including baking paper.
- Place another piece of baking paper in the pan with a splash of olive oil. Add the asparagus, garlic, seasoning and butter, stir for about two minutes until the asparagus turns a nice bright green. Remove from heat immediately.
- Serve the chicken breast with the asparagus and a
dollop of lemon mayonnaise.