Grilled Pesto Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
COOKING TIME: 17 minutes
- 1 packet Penne or Spiral Pasta
- 3 Chicken Breasts from Red Lea Chicken
- 150ml Pesto
- 1 tbsp Oil, eg rice bran
- 1 small Brown Onion, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Sage
- 7 Button Mushrooms, washed & finely sliced
- 1 400g tin Creamed Corn
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground White Pepper
- Shaved Parmesan
- In a large pot with boiling water, add a teaspoon of salt and add the pasta.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy based pan lined with baking paper.
- Smear the chicken with oil and place into the pan, turning after 2 minutes. Then smear the seared side with pesto, turn after two minutes and smear again with pesto. Cook for a further 2 minutes then lift the baking paper and take the chicken out and set aside.
- Add a splash of oil and stir in the onion for 1 minute before adding the garlic, oregano, sage and mushrooms. Cook for another 3 minutes then add the creamed corn and sour cream. Bring to the simmer and add seasoning to taste.
- Chop the chicken and add to the sauce as well as the pasta.
- Stir through and serve topped with parmesan.