Lamb Loin Chops with Homemade Relish
- 8 Lamb loin chops – from Chop Butchery
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Rice bran oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 bull horn pepper, diced
- 1 Lebanese eggplant, diced
- 1 500 ml jar pasta sauce
- 4 heaped tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle lamb loin chops on both sides with paprika and salt then set aside.
- In a small to medium pot on a medium heat add a splash of oil and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
- Then add the pepper and eggplant and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta sauce, sugar, vinegar and a ½ tsp salt.
- Gently simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a heavy based pan on medium to high heat add a splash of rice bran oil. When the pan is hot add the lamb loin chops and turn to a medium heat. Cook for a total of 8 to 10 minutes turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the chops with the relish and some crusty bread.
*All vegetables, fruit, herbs & spices from Freshworld
*Fresh bread from Bakers Delight