Ling Fish, Bacon & Mushroom Pasta
- 600gm Ling fillets – from The Costi’s Fresh & Cooked
- 1 packet of Pasta, Penne or Spirals
- 1 tbsp Oil (eg Rice Bran Oil)
- 4 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 large White Onion, diced
- 4 rashers of Bacon, roughly chopped
- 6 Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 100ml Apple Juice
- 600ml Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water, 14 minutes approxmately
- Meanwhile, in a heavy based pan, sauté the garlic and onions in a splash of oil for 2 mins.
- Add the bacon and mushrooms continuing to cook for 2 mins whilst stirring.
- Add the apple juice, sour cream and the mustard and stir thoroughly.
- Cut the ling into 1 to 2cm cubes and add to the sauce.
- Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season and sprinkle with parsley.
- Combine with pasta and serve.
*All vegetables, fruit, herbs & spices from Freshworld