Pork Scotch Fillet with Red Cabbage and Apple
COOKING TIME: 22 minutes
- 4 Pork Scotch Fillet from Chop Butchery
- 2 tsp ground Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp ground Sumac
- Rice Bran Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Red Cabbage, sliced
- 2 Apples, sliced
- 2 rasher Bacon, sliced
- 20 Green Beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 50ml Apple Juice (or white wine)
- Sprinkle pork fillet on both sides with paprika and sumac, then set aside. This can be done the day before for extra flavour and tenderness or you can cook straight away.
- Heat a heavy based pan with a splash of rice bran oil. When the pan is hot, add the pork and turn to a medium heat. Cook for a total of 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pan heated with a splash of rice bran oil, sauté the apple and bacon for 2 minutes. Add the red cabbage and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the beans for a further 3 minutes, then add the apple juice. Stir and plate up.
- Slice the pork and put atop the warm cabbage salad. Serve.