T-Bone Steak with Diane Sauce
COOKING TIME: 17 minutes
- 4 T-Bone Steaks from Sutcliffe Meats
- 1 tbsp Oil, eg. Rice Bran Oil
- 1 small Brown Onion, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 100ml Pomegranate Juice or Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 300ml Cream
- 1 to 2 tsp Salt
- Heat a heavy based pan to a medium high heat, drizzle with a splash of oil and add the steak.
- Sear for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the steak, then set aside to rest.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan and then the onion, sautéeing for 1 minute before adding the garlic. Cook for another 2 minutes then add the pomegranate, mustard, worcestershire and cream.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced by half and begins to thicken.
- Serve separately or pour over the sauce.
NOTE: mushrooms can be a nice addition to this sauce.